The forums for new dashboard feedback

Add Barcode scanner to mobile app

It would be great to have the option to scan food items in vs manually entering data.

571 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Dave SchmittAgmail.comDave SchmittAgmail.com shared a merged idea: Ability to scan food in  ·   · 
    MichaelMichael shared a merged idea: UPS scan for iPad App  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: add a bar code scanner  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Barscanner  ·   · 
    Devendra SanghaviDevendra Sanghavi shared a merged idea: Barcode scanning  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: food dashboard  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Food Intake  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Something's Missing!  ·   · 
    bobbob shared a merged idea: scan barcodes  ·   · 
    Max Max shared a merged idea: scan food label  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: More extensive food log  ·   · 
    SarahSarah shared a merged idea: Food entering options  ·   · 
    Patricia SlaughterPatricia Slaughter shared a merged idea: Adding a bar code scanner to help food tracking  ·   · 
    RussellRussell shared a merged idea: There should be an option to scan barcodes of food packages with your smart phone  ·   · 
    Sarah JonesSarah Jones shared a merged idea: iphone app  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: barcode scanner to record food (like Lose It)  ·   · 
    Mocha WareMocha Ware shared a merged idea: Mobile App should be more functional  ·   · 
    SusannahSusannah shared a merged idea: PLEASE PUT A FOOD SCANNER ON MOBILE APP!  ·   · 
    Erin IrbyErin Irby shared a merged idea: Food Tracker by Barcode on iPhone App  ·   · 
    CherieCherie shared a merged idea: Barcode scanner to add food from phone app  ·   · 
    PetaPeta shared a merged idea: FitBit App  ·   · 
    Rhonda PettyRhonda Petty shared a merged idea: A bar code reader to help log food  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Barcode scanner  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Need bar code scanner for foods  ·   · 

60 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AndreaAndrea commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For me, the fitbit app is not complete and seems unfinished. A barcode scanner needs to be added. I don't ever put in my calories because of the time it takes. The technology is there, why not use it to make your products more user-friendly?

• Maggie ArceMaggie Arce commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Im glad to see I was not the only one. I go back and force between apps, so I hope with more people asking for it they will add it to their app ASAP!

• Annoying Annoying commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am always going to MFP because the food choices are awful in the FB. Half the time my food isn't in there. I find it to be a lot of work to have to refer to Another app to get calories it's such a pain.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would pay to be able to scan. This is such an excellent and addictive platform. I love fitbit and will continue to use it regardless but I would pay to have a scanner in a heart beat.

Agree. I just got my fitbit and was using lose it. These two can speak to one another, but lose it charges $40/year. We need an integrated scanner.

Agree I have been scanning the apps to find one that will let you scan in the url and get nutrional info to your fitbit food list ! It would be worth charging for it !!
        Hope it happens !

• Anthony RaderAnthony Rader commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would have to agree with the food bar code scanner. I would hope that there will be an update to the fitbit app so we can scan bar codes on food. With this being said it would be less time inputting info on your daily plan and more time being active and exercising.

• TerriTerri commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

just adding my 2-cents worth on a barcode scanner as well. I use the fitbit app for the majority of my calorie journaling, but have been using MFP's barcode scanner for a few meals where it's easier to scan the barcode. Especially when making a recipe, like I make my own salad dressing with low-fat or fat-free ingredients, so the barcode scanner there is a HUGE time saver. Please, please add this feature and the app will be nearly perfect.

Everyone is asking for a barcode on the fitbit flex which the lose it app. I just got off of has one . I got this bracelet as a gift so I guess I well just type it in for now.

• LarissaLarissa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is an important feature. Everything has to be entered manually, it's annoying, so I filled out nothing.

ABSOLUTELY. This is the only thing I dislike about this app. I use myfitnesspal app to scan food's barcodes and then enter it into the fitbit app. It helps, but isn't as easy as it could be if FitBit just used the same software that myfitnesspal uses. Theirs is awesome!

Obviously we all agree on the same issues. I'm not using the force to lose weight which is what the system is Apparently set up for. Input of my total calorie intake is very important. U can burn all the calories u want and if u can't calculate what you've consumed its pointless. Get this fixed and the product will sale to all body types. Not just the over weight

Barcode scanner is a must to make this user friendly. There is not enough in the food bank to cover half of what I eat. it has a lot of odd brands..

Weeklong Fitbit user and I agree that the App needs a scanner to enter foods via barcodes.

I totally agree...it needs a barcode scanner....I am sooo tired utilizing the food database, only to find it's not there or the calories are incorrect. Come on guys, listen to what your users want!

Scanning would be great because the food databank doesnt have a lot in there. Thanks!

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base